Thursday, February 12, 2015

Winter Warblers in TX and Spring Warblers in AL

Winter warblers are always exciting for birders in the Valley.   Warblers are pursued through state parks, National Wildlife Areas, city parks and gardens but they are not anything compared to our Spring Migration in the north. A Black and White Warbler at the Edinburgh Wetlands was exciting to capture today. But oh my Goodness those wonder days last May. I went through my unpublished photos. I can't resist publishing them before they show up again. I will try to resist taking hundreds of photos a day. My shoulder made a full recovery by January, so my Mantra is . . . everything in moderation, in moderation, in moderation.   




Black and White Warbler at Edinburgh

Spring Warblers in Oakwood - 2014   (May 7th & 8th)
I can't imagine a magical spring migration like last year but I am a hopeful person/birder.   

Yellow Warbler 
Common Yellowthroat
Wilson Warbler 
Magnolia Warbler 
Yellow-rumped Warbler, alias Myrtle Warbler, affectionately/disappointedly Butterbutt 
Northern Parula 
Nashville Warbler

Golden-wing Warbler

Tennessee Warbler
Palm Warbler


No comments:

Post a Comment