Sunday, March 6, 2016

The Crimson-collared Day at Frontera

We were determined to see this bird. I sat on the pond side to take photos of the Ovenbird. After an hour or more I saw Gunnar and another birder with their binoculars up then down. So I returned to my viewing and saw the bird and called Gunnar over. He had to admit that they had been looking at it but did not recognize it. I staked it out a few days later but had to use the restroom and missed it by 15 minutes after sitting there for almost 2 hours. We missed the Blue Bunting by a minute at the normal drip. None the else, we celebrated.

Crimson-collared Grosbeak

Plain Chachalaca- male
 White Ibis - immature


Black-headed Grosbeak           (female) 

 Ten Black-belly Whistling Ducks

And then there were four. 

Gunnar celebrating at the Blue Onion.

 And then there were two.

No comments:

Post a Comment