Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Warbler Walk in Neighborhood

Traditionally Gunnar and I go on a bird hike on May 15th,  his birthday. We have been doing this for 40 years. When I was teaching I took the day off as a personal day. But this year, we walked at Big Island on Sunday with Addy. It was delightful to be together enjoying the day. Today I walked by myself with a camera looking for warblers as Gunnar was in Lansboro. I saw more birds that were not warblers on my May 15th walk. I am still hope for more kinds of warblers.

Ruby-throated Hummingbird


House Finch   

Gray Catbird


Tree Swallow

Baltimore Oriole
Swainson Thrush



Myrtle or Yellow-rumped Warbler
Yellow Warbler




Blackpoll Warbler

CommonYellow Throat

Golden-wing Warbler




Pied-bill Grebe


Wood Duck


No comments:

Post a Comment